Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel

4 posters

Go down

Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel Empty Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Feels like I've sent an email to the NCAA the past several years now, griping about the selection. May as well do it again this year.

Below are two email adresses... Tricia Bork is listed as the contact under "Championship Committees" and Amy Frankenstein (what a name!) is listed under "Women's Soccer". Have at it, fellow Pilots!

Division I--Tricia Bork <tbork@ncaa.org>

Division I-- Amy J. Frankenstein <afrankenstein@ncaa.org>

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?key=/ncaa/ncaa/ncaa+news/ncaa+news+online/2000/division+ii/ncaa+staff+directory+-+4-24-00
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel Empty Re: Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel

Post by ekrauss Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 am

I've written to those mid-level administrators at the NCAA before. And while I'll write Bork and Frankenstein again this year, I don't know how much it helps. This year I've added a new person to my Email list. I just sent a letter to Paul Bradshaw of Baylor University. He was the chair of the selection committee; he's an associate AD at Baylor. It's time we start flooding those people with Emails.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel Empty Re: Let the NCAA Know How You Really Feel

Post by ekrauss Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 am

By the way, Mr. Bradshaw's Email is paul_bradshaw@baylor.edu

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:49 am

For those still interested in communicating more with the NCAA decision makers, there are nine other members of the Women's Soccer Committee that made the decisions, in addition to Chair Paul Bradshaw. I've previously listed the members of the Committee on the RPI website and I've just added all their email addresses. The following link should take you to the page with the names and email addresses: http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/ncaa-selection-seeding-and-bracketing-criteria
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:54 am

I wonder if they even read those emails. You might want to title those emails "half price Viagara" or "Area singles who want to meet you. I know I always open those emails.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 pm

I think it depends on how many emails they get. If they get too many, they may start spending less time reading them.

I will say, however, that I was pleasantly surprised to learn that after I published my first paper on the RPI, in which I demonstrated both in theory and in practice that the RPI underrates teams from strong playing pools and overrates teams from weak playing pools, the Women's Soccer Committee had a discussion about it at one of the NCAA Conventions. So, I think good, well presented, and relatively dispassionate communications probably are not a waste of time.

And, I think it's good for the Committee to know that they're making decisions under the watchful eyes of well-informed fans.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down