Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OSU A Challenge?

4 posters

Go down

OSU A Challenge? Empty OSU A Challenge?

Post by wrv Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 am

Given the number of losses suffered by the top ten, the Pilots should take heed not to be overconfidant against this Beaver team, whom, I recall, has quite an effective striker in Jodie Taylor.

Ratings really can be misleading: we should be positioning ourselves for a first round bye and home games in the playoffs. If we are highly rated, good, but that obviously makes little difference now.

Will Sweeney be back at all this year? That truly is a blow.

Let's hold the fort toaday and continue to do that until the full squad can take the field. Go Pilots.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

OSU A Challenge? Empty Re: OSU A Challenge?

Post by pms275 Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:43 am

While I don't think that Portland will take OSU lightly, I also don't think the Beavers are much of a threat--especially playing at Merlo. They won earlier this weekend, but they weren't a very good team last year, and they have a new starting goalkeeper this season. I'd think Reed, R. Rapinoe, Enyeart and Budge might be a little intimidating today.

What I think could be a trap game is in October when the Pilots travel to Eugene. Judging by last week's Oregon Club meeting, the Ducks are very proud of their ranking this year and are REALLY looking forward to playing Portland--at home. Of course, the last time we played them in Eugene (2005) we set a record for most goals scored at Pape Field in a 6-0 route. They were a better team last year, and I expect them to be a force in the PAC-10 this season. They are still bitter about not making the tournament in 2006.

As for Sweeney, I'd expect to see her back sometime this season, but the recovery time for this kind of knee injury can vary wildly depending on the person. I'm not a medical expert, but I'd think it would be at least October before she'd be playing again. And it could very well be later then that. I haven't gotten a sense of how bad the tear is, but least it's not an ACL!
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Pilots up 3-0 at halftime. Sounds like Budge is going to have an awesome year.

Great to have the live audio back, though that recorded interview with Coach Smith sounded like it was recorded in a salteen box across the room then broadcast through a megaphone.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Pilots win 4-1. If they aren't ranked #1, (not that rankings really mean anything at this point) it will be a travesty.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

OSU A Challenge? Empty never in doubt

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:21 pm

At least we got to see some new players today. everyone looked pretty good. I can't think of anyone who had a sub-par game.

Budge amazed again out of the midfield with her effort and was rewarded for it with two goals amd an assist, and several more chances. Angie took over the midfield. we got to see Kristen Kelly at central defense for the first time, and Keelin Winters, brought in as a central defender, payed some striker.

Got to see Hallie DeYoung for the first time. a goal went in on her watch, but it wasn't her fault, just a breakdown in the defense.

The players are still learning about each other, which makes how easy this game was all the more amazing.

Sweeny was jogging around during warmups, Has she had her surgery? maybe it isn't too bad.

Megan Rapinoe had her shin guards and socks on during warmups, so we thought she might play a few minutes, but she took them off for the game. Just as well to give it a little more time.

Go Pilots!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down