Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article?

5 posters

Go down

Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article? Empty Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article?

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Doug Gottlieb has an INsider article on ESPN right now that talks about the next 30 teams that were left out of Dick Vitale's Top 40 Article.

I am very interested to see this article because I think there is a semi-decent chance that UP is mentioned but I don't really feel like putting up $40 for an INsider subscription. Is there anybody here with a subscription that can confirm or deny whether the Pilots are mentioned? There are 3 articles consisting of 10 teams each. 2 have been released and the 3rd should be soon.

Go Pilots!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article? Empty Re: Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article?

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:Doug Gottlieb has an INsider article on ESPN right now that talks about the next 30 teams that were left out of Dick Vitale's Top 40 Article.

I am very interested to see this article because I think there is a semi-decent chance that UP is mentioned but I don't really feel like putting up $40 for an INsider subscription. Is there anybody here with a subscription that can confirm or deny whether the Pilots are mentioned? There are 3 articles consisting of 10 teams each. 2 have been released and the 3rd should be soon.

Go Pilots!

The first group was
Maryland, Northern Iowa, Creighton, Washington State, Oregon, Cincinnati, BYU, Virginia Tech, Vanderbilt and Nevada.

The second group only came out 9 hours ago, so it might take us misers a day or two...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11806
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 pm

we are not in the next ten either.

they are missouri, iowa state, BC, arizona, oregon state, northwestern, Southern Illinois, Richmond, and San Diego State.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:19 pm

sorry, forgot Wisconsin as well

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm

The Pac-10 is pretty well represented.

Most of these schools seem to be pretty darn big. I don't see our chances as being all that great in the final 10.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Pilots Mentioned in ESPN Article? Empty ANY MORE NEWs on ESPN ARTICLE

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

[b]DID THE PILOTS SNEAK IN, OR WHAT? I guess not. I read the Zag site the other day, you can only imagine how many excuse's their board members had in the Poll when the Pilots were ranked in the 40's and them in the 50's. Man some of the those guys need to get a life and realize it's only one poll by a blogger. They sounded like a couple of those over anxious baby beauty contestant mothers on the TLC channel. Their definitely the team to beat.Better not post over there now or they will go over the edge,get your IP address, and hunt you down. I personally would like to see them have a good season, because I know the Pilot's will be competitive this year unless the bottom falls out. Hopefully there will be a third team in the conference race too. Can you believe were actually believing that the UCLA game at THKgiving tourney is winnable??? We will probably lose with all the top talent they get every year but just the change in the program from a few years ago when the Pilot's would try ,try,try to keep it close for the first 5 minutes against a ranked opponent is remarkable. We will just keep getting better each year with Rev.s recruiting and the PROUD tradition these guys have started at UP over the last 2 years.I just hope one game this year beside Zags or Oregon can be sold out to reward the coaching staff and players. I've heard firsthand from the players how much a big crowd really means to them. They really appreciated the support from the student body last year and I hope that continues to grow each year they keep an exciting team in the Chiles.
This is going to be a great season to be a Pilot fan and at least we will be competive and have the experienced players competing in our games.

Off to the medicine cabinet, Laughing

Mesa Pilot1

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm really sad that I'll be missing the first half of the season this year, along with all of soccer and xc season (although I can't complain too much because I'll be studying abroad).

I'm truly excited to see where this season takes us. I am anxious for the schedule to be released (it hasn't been, right?) to see what sorts of non-conference games are lined up. Being that I am from Spokane, I am excited to see when we play here because I want to come to the game; nothing would satisfy me more than a win @ GU. I've been telling all my Gonzaga-loving friends to watch out for UP this year. It is a great time to be a Pilot fan!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote: They sounded like a couple of those over anxious baby beauty contestant mothers on the TLC channel.

Well played sir. One of your best lines yet. Laughing
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down