Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis

+22
aleppiek
ohhh_yeah
UPSoccerFanatic
scrfn
Babey Ruth
ekrauss
mattywizz
fan from afar
GUPhantom
Harry Redknapp
Thats my root beer
ktinpurple
A_Fan
merlogirl
purple pride
DaTruRochin
ShipstadPilot11
Poopdeck Pappy
Geezaldinho
eProf
PilotNut
Indigo Kid
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis

Post by Indigo Kid Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:35 am

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Announces Finalists for NCAA®️ Division I

Women's Soccer 2009 Finalists

_1 Elizabeth Betterbed - US Military Academy
_2 Kelsey Davis - U Portland
_3 Kristi Eveland - U North Carolina
_4 Theresa Ferraina - Loyola U (MD)
_5 Lauren Lopez - U North Carolina-Greensboro
_6 Blakely Mattern - U South Carolina
_7 Lizzy Nichols - Harvard U
_8 Kelley O'Hara - Stanford U
_9 Emily Peterson - Texas A&M U
10 Myra Sack - Dartmouth U

Congrats to Kelsey
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty More info

Post by PilotNut Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:18 pm

From the presser:

Winner will be determined by votes from fans, coaches, media

Davis Among 10 Finalists for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

OVERLAND PARK, KS – University of Portland senior goalkeeper Kelsey Davis is one of 10 women’s soccer finalists for the 2009 Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award, presented to one individual per sport who excels both on and off the field. Fan voting, combined with votes from coaches and media members, will determine the recipient of the award.

To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence – classroom, character, community and competition.

Davis looks to follow in the footsteps of former University of Portland teammate Stephanie Cox (nee Lopez), who was the inaugural winner of the award in 2007.

An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School™️, the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities. The finalists were chosen by a media committee from the list of 30 men’s candidates and 30 women’s candidates that were announced in August.

Nationwide balloting begins immediately to determine the winner. Lowe’s, an official Corporate Partner of the NCAA, will announce the Senior CLASS Award winners during the 2009 NCAA Men’s and Women’s College Cup championships in early December.

The women’s finalists for 2009 are: Elizabeth Betterbed, United States Military Academy; Kelsey Davis, University of Portland; Kristi Eveland, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; Theresa Ferraina, Loyola University Maryland; Lauren Lopez, University of North Carolina, Greensboro; Blakely Mattern, University of South Carolina; Lizzy Nichols, Harvard University; Kelley O’Hara, Stanford University; Emily Peterson, Texas A&M University; and Myra Sack, Dartmouth College.

These 10 names will be placed on the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award soccer ballot for a nationwide vote beginning today and concluding November 13. Fan balloting will be available on the award’s official Web site, http://www.seniorCLASSaward.com, as well as through text messaging. Fans can text SOCCER to 74567 to vote for men’s finalists and GOAL to 74567 to vote for women’s finalists. These votes will be combined with votes from coaches and media to determine the recipient of the award.

“We commend these student-athletes for their outstanding achievements on and off the field,” said Tom Lamb, Lowe’s senior vice president of marketing. “Lowe’s is proud of its affiliation with the NCAA and college athletics, and we want to honor these competitors who have displayed a commitment to character, community and the classroom in addition to recognizing their accomplishments on the soccer field.”

Davis has an extensive list of achievements on the pitch, earning her first call-up to the U.S. Senior National Team this past summer. An All-West Coast Conference goalkeeper, Davis ranks among the top five in Portland history in goals-against average and shutouts despite just two-plus seasons with the Pilots.

Davis makes her biggest impact as a leader and through her community service efforts. She organized a fundraiser during the 2008-09 season to adopt a room at the Ronald McDonald House Charities after years serving as a volunteer. The team raised over $6,000 and created a University of Portland soccer-themed room at the Legacy Emanuel Ronald McDonald House last spring.

A native of Thousand Oaks, Calif., Davis is also a leader among her peers. She was the UP Student-Athlete Advisory Committee President last year and is one of the team captains this year.

This marks the third year for the men’s and women’s soccer division of the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award, and more than 175 student-athletes were nominated this year. Wake Forest University midfielder Sam Cronin received the men’s award for the 2008 season, while Kerri Hanks from the University of Notre Dame won the women’s award. In 2007, United State Naval Academy goalkeeper Evan Barnes took home the inaugural men’s soccer award, while Lopez took the women’s honor.
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty Re: Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis

Post by eProf Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 pm

You can vote for Kelsey at http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/womens_soccer_2009/--they allow one vote per computer per day. I just checked, and Kelsey is in last place, with something like 3.8% of the vote.

Vote early! Vote often!
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty Re: Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:52 pm

eProf wrote:You can vote for Kelsey at http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/womens_soccer_2009/--they allow one vote per computer per day. I just checked, and Kelsey is in last place, with something like 3.8% of the vote.

Vote early! Vote often!

They actually allow 3 votes, I think. The cookie takes 8 hours to expire.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks for the link EProf. I just cast my vote. Let's make Kelsey number one. She deserves it.
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Up to 4.8%...
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:22 pm

(stickied for easy access and ballot stuffing purposes)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty Legitimate ways to stuff the ballot

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 pm

You can text a vote on your cell, too

all you have to do is text 'W2" to 74567 to vote.

c'mon guys, lets get the count up.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Vote here -------> LINK

Get your co-workers to vote for Kelsey. Vote once from work, once from home every day. Maybe your children's class mates.... lets get everyone we can. Let's appeal to our WCC bretheren as well--they helped us get Stephanie a lot of votes in 2007.

I just sent a text message... and set up a recurring reminder on my phone's calendar. Very Happy

Vote Kelsey! Vote often!
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I sent a message to the Facebook PurplePride profile, although PP13 may have that angle covered.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by purple pride Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:19 pm

I've voted and sent a text. No one deserves it more thank Kelsey. I will continue to do it every day. Does anyone know when the public voting ends?

purple pride
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 pm

I thought I read 11/13 is when voting ends.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Ok is it just me or does Stanford's Kelly O'Hara
Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis 189940794_tn-150x210

look like Angie Woznuk's younger sister?
Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Aw10

That said... VOTE KELSEY!!!

LINK
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Empty Use Facebook to spread the word

Post by merlogirl Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 pm

The facebook page is a great way to get friends, co-workers, etc to vote. We can easily push Kelsey up in the poles!

Group name:

Kelsey Davis for the Lowe's Senior Class Award

merlogirl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 am

It's pretty cool that Stephanie's picture is at the top the voting page.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 am

Everyone vote again today!!! bounce

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:19 pm

She's now at 9% and moving to the top of the charts with a bullet!
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:31 pm

YES! My plan of voting on different computers and secretly from everyone's phones when they aren't looking is working....

Looks like Kelsey's chief competitor will be the sister of Tommy Betterbed, one of our XC harriers...

Remember to keep voting here:
LINK

AND text "W2" to 74567
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm

VOTE KELSEY!

She's up to 11%!
OVER 12% NOW!!

VOTE EVERY DAY, EVERY COMPUTER, EVERY PHONE!

Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalists - Kelsey Davis Icon_bounce

Last edited by DaTruRochin on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating %)
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 pm

KELSEY JUST TOOK THE LEAD!!!

Wow, in a few hours she went from 12% all the way to 20.9%....

KEEP VOTING HERE:
LINK

AND text "W2" to 74567
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:30 am

She's back in 2nd place.... Keep voting... haha apparently those West Point grads don't want someone from another school to win....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 am

Remember the fan vote is only 1/3 of total votes needed to win. The rest is up to the coaches and the press. I may be wrong, but I don't think Stephanie had the most fan votes the year she won.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:43 am

Oh I realize that, BUT it can't hurt right? (And it's the only thing we have any control over...)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 am

Agreed, I vote daily!
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Kid Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:30 pm

I am voting every day. Katie Schoepfer did not make it to the final, so no conflict for me. Any votes for Jason Yeisley on the Men's side would be appreciated... If I could only convince the Penn State Alumni to vote for Kelsey, we could have some helpful ballot stuffing...
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next