Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair...

2 posters

Go down

Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair... Empty Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair...

Post by FANatic Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:53 pm

{Disclaimer: Although all of the posts about the tournament selection process have been extremely important and timely, please excuse me for a moment as I take on a slightly different topic: our first round match against Denver on Friday at 1pm.}

First of all, I don't give a hoot about Denver or their program or their players. Nothing personal, mind you, but that's how I feel about all of our opponents. I don't really care what Garrett or the players are doing as far as scouting or preparing for this team. I only watch MY TEAM - I have no interest in anyone else. (Probably obsessive-compulsive; don't ask.)

I have followed the team since practice started in August. I saw in person their first game of the season against Florida State. What a great sudden victory goal by Rachael. And what a way to begin the 2007 season. I also saw the last game of the season: the complete and total destruction of a good LMU team. (At least their record says they are good.)

Although anything can happen in the play-offs, and ANY team can lose, (yes, even the mighty UNC), I am at total peace with this team, this season, heading into the NCAA National Championship Tournament. I am 110% confident that, with a few breaks and a little good fortune, (and NO more injuries), the Pilots will quite probably win their third national title and do it with crushing tenacity.

If they do fall to a better team, I will be very, very proud of them, because I will KNOW that they have left every single ounce of their blood, sweat and tears out there on the pitch. That's all any team, or individual can do.

I just believe this team is extremely special, comparable to the 2002 and 2005 title teams. Those teams were great defensive teams, as is this one. Those teams had superior playmakers and were strong up the middle, as does this one. Those teams had speed and great leadership, as does this one. Those teams had Christine Sinclair, this one has Michelle Enyeart.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair... Empty Re: Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair...

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:17 pm

Hear, hear, FANatic! Plus, this team's Woznuk, Lopez, Scifo, Budge, Michaelson, and Cronkrite are much, much more mature and skilled players than they were in '05. So, let's all 5000 Pilots fans start sending good stuff into the atmosphere, all aimed for Boulder, Colorado on Friday and Sunday.

Portland, Score a Goal, Score a Goal, Score a Goal ....
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair... Empty Re: Those Teams Had Christine Sinclair...

Post by FANatic Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:44 am

Great point about the improvement of the seniors since the 2005 championship team. That's definitely a key.

And thanks for all your long hours and hard work on the RPI, UPSoccerFanatic. You have energized this forum and added a level of sophistication that has inspired others to follow in your footsteps. That's why I love this board. So much diversity of thought. And so much passion for our incredible Pilots!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down