Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots @ Colorado 11/28 @ 6pm PST

4 posters

Go down

Pilots @ Colorado 11/28 @ 6pm PST  Empty Pilots @ Colorado 11/28 @ 6pm PST

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 am

All we really need to know is the #67 Buffaloes are physically more mature and more athletic than the #257 Pilots and are shooting 52 percent from the field and 43 percent from three-point range.

The Buffaloes (3-1) have wins against Drake (100-71), Omaha (79-75) and Air Force (93-56). Their lone loss came on the road at San Diego (70-64).

The game will be streamed live here LINK, and will be replayed on the Pac-12 Network in the Portland area at midnight.

Most are predicting CU will win by 15-20 points...KenPom is guessing it will be 82-67.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11314
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pilots @ Colorado 11/28 @ 6pm PST  Empty Re: Pilots @ Colorado 11/28 @ 6pm PST

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 am

I watched the CU/USD game last week - amazing how many channels we can get at the in-laws' farm now! They get a ton of production from their three bigs (Siewert, Bey, Battey) and I think they're expecting their sophomore point guard McKinley Wright to break out soon after an inconsistent start.

All in all, Colorado's a good team but it's not going to be any different than playing an upper-tier WCC team not named Gonzaga.

The big x-factor tonight is how healthy the Pilots are! Will Akwuba be back, or will it be Diabate followed by Phillips/Hogland in the event of foul trouble? And what about Tryon? I'm sure there's a reason he's supposed to be a starter when healthy and I'd really like to see what the big man can bring to the table.

One wish for tonight - I'd like to see Shaver shoot himself out of the mini-slump he's currently in!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1788
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:
Dean Murdoch wrote:And if we don’t have Xfinity credentials, or any other “approved” provider?

Seems like the Pac-12 pays a metric boatload of cash for a network not a lot of people can watch!

I have you Dean: Reddit Link

From the other thread......thanks, SCPilot! Hopefully it works tonight.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks for the preview and link to the game.... This game should be real difficult and I would be surprised if UP isn't blown out easily and quickly...

I would also like to see some more 3 pointers fall for Jo Jo , he's been getting some good looks at the basket.

It would be nice to see Diabate keep his fouls down, as he always needs more time on the floor.... I would like to see him play well consistently.                                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                                                                                                                                        It would be great to have Akwuba back on the floor...

and to keep the score close for a little while...

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 pm

I'll wait to watch the tv replay of the game on the Pac-12 Network at midnight if the PilotNation comments are encouraging or positive...if not, I'll just press the delete button!  pale

In the meantime I'll be at the Chiles Center watching the 4-1 (all D1 games) women's team take on Utah St.

The UP women's "let it fly" philosophy may not always be sound, but watching the women put up 82 shots can get pretty exciting.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Well all of the Reddit streams just gave me a bunch of spam popups.

But I found another solution that actually works! Send me a private message if you want me to hook you up.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:31 pm

I really hope Amazon bids and wins for all the sports networks Disney is being forced to sell. Being blocked because you don't have a TV provider is ridiculous. I understand if they wanted you to pay to watch, but that's not even an option.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Pilots are taking some poor shoots, but the refs are doing them no favors. A silly carrying call, and a tough charge on Diabate.

p.s. the Buffs have no fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Two garbage charges called on the Pilots this half, Diabate a while ago and Porter late. Ridiculous calls.

Proud of the comeback! Colorado was up 12 but the Pilots ate right in it at the half. Hopefully they can draw on the “learned what not to do” experience from the UNT game.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 pm

The Pilot players could profit from listening to a summary of the analysis of their play from retired coach Mike Montgomery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:24 pm

up7587 wrote:The Pilot players could profit from listening to a summary of the analysis of their play from retired coach Mike Montgomery.

When he said the Pilots go through 3, 4 minute stretches where they just make poor shot selections? Right!!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Just handing it to them now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:37 pm

I have to wonder if Shaver is hurt. He is going through a tough stretch these past few games. Hopefully a full week off is just what this kid needs.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:41 pm

There is a lot to learn from watching the tapes of this game. I'm not sure the Pilot players are willing to learn, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:45 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I'll wait to watch the tv replay of the game on the Pac-12 Network at midnight if the PilotNation comments are encouraging or positive...if not, I'll just press the delete button!  pale

You can skip the second half.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks...early to bed.

Woman are trailing by 6 beginning 4th quarter, while shooting less than 25%, snd we've lost 2 starters to ankle sprains...sound familiar?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down