Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nation's Longest Home Win Streak

2 posters

Go down

Nation's Longest Home Win Streak Empty Nation's Longest Home Win Streak

Post by Stonehouse Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Saw this nice little tidbit in the recap of the Gonzaga game:

Portland will return home and look to extend the nation’s longest home winning streak next weekend as part of a pair of doubleheaders with the UP men’s team. The Pilots put their 32-game home win streak on the line Friday at 7:30 p.m. against Loyola Marymount following the UP men vs. Saint Mary’s at 5 p.m. On Sunday, the women host the early match at noon against Pepperdine, followed by the men at 2:30 p.m. against San Francisco. All four games will have free live video, audio and stats on portlandpilots.com.

With UCLA losing at home last week, that now gives UP the longest home win streak. If I remember correctly, the last game we lost at Merlo was to UNC (1-0) in 2006. Is that right?

Nice little feather in our cap. Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nation's Longest Home Win Streak Empty Re: Nation's Longest Home Win Streak

Post by FairPlay Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Stonehouse wrote:
If I remember correctly, the last game we lost at Merlo was to UNC (1-0) in 2006. Is that right?

It was UCLA in 2008 - http://portlandpilots.com/news/2008/8/31/WSOC_0831081624.aspx?path=wsoc

FairPlay
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Nation's Longest Home Win Streak Empty Re: Nation's Longest Home Win Streak

Post by Stonehouse Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Oh right! I was out of town and missed that game, so really it shouldn't count, right? Right. Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down