Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with a Long-Lost Gem?

Go down

Help with a Long-Lost Gem? Empty Help with a Long-Lost Gem?

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm here by myself, as my wife is on a couple of day trip to Denver to visit family. So, as I sit here, I've run out of things to do and decide to take a look at our old collection of VHS tapes. I come across one that I've labeled "Save - U of P Women's Soccer/Clive Charles." I decide I'll have to see what it is, so I take a while to figure out how to operate our Sony machine that is primarily for DVDs, but that we intentionally got also with VHS tape capability. (I'm not very "literate" on how these machines work.) I finally figure it out and start the tape.

It's a program produced by the U of P Athletic Department in 2002, consisting of three parts:

Part 1: The U of P Coaches' Show, from just past mid-season 2002 -- the Pilots were 11/2/1 at the time, the 1 being the 2002 tie with North Carolina. It's an interview of Garrett by Mike Machado in which Garrett talks about Clive; the 2002 North Carolina game; Sinclair, Misaki, Barr, Huie, Orlandos, Moore, Rogers, and Dorsey; recruiting; development of the women's game; club vs high school soccer from a coach's perspective; FC Portland; and the development of soccer in the US.

Part 2: A short interview with Christine by Mike Machado in which she talks about why she came to Portland; Clive; 2002 as compared to 2001 -- "I think we've got it this year"; and handling her Canadian National Team obligations.

Part 3: The award ceremony for a WUSA award to Clive, with brief introductions by Tif and Shannon and with Clive then accepting the award with the two of them in the background, teams streaming down their faces.

If anyone knows how to get a VHS tape converted into something that can be put on PilotNation, I'll be happy to lend it out and let you do the work.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1879
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Help with a Long-Lost Gem? Empty Re: Help with a Long-Lost Gem?

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Convert it to DVD, rip the DVD onto your computer to a file, put it on YouTube and post the link to Pilot Nation? That's all I can think of.

Back to top Go down