Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA U-14 Girls National Team

5 posters

Go down

USA U-14 Girls National Team Empty USA U-14 Girls National Team

Post by DoubleDipper Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm

From SoccerWire.com:
U.S. U-14 Girls’ National Team heads to Portland, Ore., for first training camp of 2013

Under-14 Girls’ National Team head coach April Kater has called up 48 players for the first U.S. Under-14 Girls’ National Team training camp of 2013 that will run from May 12-19 at the University of Portland.

For almost all of the players – the majority of which were born in 1999 (the year the USA won the historic FIFA Women’s World Cup in the USA) with several born in 2000 – this will be their first introduction to the U.S. National Team programs.
Roster
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11427
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

USA U-14 Girls National Team Empty Re: USA U-14 Girls National Team

Post by DaTruRochin Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 am

Seems like a fine time for Christine and some of the Thorns to "coincidentally" stop by and visit Garrett wearing Pilot purple...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by purple inside Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 pm

The U-14 girls were sitting behind us at the Thorns game tonight.
They did not have enough respect for Christine Sinclair and I heard a little too much about Alex Morgan.

purple inside
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sat May 18, 2013 10:02 am

They did not have enough respect for Christine Sinclair and I heard a little too much about Alex Morgan.

I agree. That's quite a headshaker! Huh? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Oh youth...y'all so young! You've got a lot more learning and training to do. Alex is the most popular. But an over-promoted player. It's a stretch yet to know if she'll establish herself as one of the best. Too early.

And wasn't Christine already playing for... (if not already knocking on the door)... of the the Canadian senior team at their age. Knock! Knock!

They should also look at tape of Cal vs Pilots match back in the day. Jessica Tsao frustrated and totally shutdown Alex that day. I still remember a little face-to-face stare down they had. Ha! Ha! Hitting my head agai Welcome to Merlo Alex.

If they wanted a role model to watch during the game....Christie Rampone! She's still a beast!

GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat May 18, 2013 12:04 pm

It's not really that suprising. Which national team do you think they've been watching their whole lives? Who's the most recognizable player on that team? (And why do you think the Thorns have been the biggest draw when they've gone on the road?)

Hopefully they noticed there were a few other good players on the Thorns and are still impressionable.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by purple inside Sun May 19, 2013 12:09 am

(Yes, I was imagining what Rampone was saying to Morgan as they went up against each other. Heh heh)

I guess I was surprised, even though the media keeps telling me it's happening, that Morgan is the player the 13 y.olds were screaming for 90%-95% of the time. They did know which players were on the national team from each side. I expected more support & cheering for all the players they know / recognize.

Maybe the more "broad support" fans don't cheer in the same high decibel / high frequency. Wink

purple inside
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Anyone who saw the game today knows who Sinclair is now. Curled in an absolute beauty for the first goal, and Morgan got one too.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down