Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2025 Recruiting

5 posters

Go down

2025 Recruiting Empty 2025 Recruiting

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:35 pm

6’4” Julia Dalan from Chehalis has committed to UP for 2025 and will sign in November, according to her.

https://chronline.com/stories/prep-girls-basketball-bearcat-star-dalan-pledges-to-portland,342756
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11833
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Rob's Jacket, mikemac65, wrv, DoubleDipper, RHS89 and RJH like this post

Back to top Go down

2025 Recruiting Empty Re: 2025 Recruiting

Post by wrv Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:57 am

Julia Dalan's recruitment by the Pilots followed a stellar season:

"Dalan set single season school records by averaging 24 points and 15 rebounds per night. In W.F. West's Round of 12 win at state, she set a single game record for boards with 25 while scoring 33 points."

https://sports.yahoo.com/chronicles-2024-area-girls-basketball-035900782.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEIISDgnSHsFhOtZGWR-SRew05gDuCceK8fuVUzwdm3JGfbrm8pH9Ql859L46LbJ2B2Mr7P3GrmlRpb3aPaYsWQFfxp8hlPqGc-GVzN-WINPBR_ONBUYvRhhmRQul3qrZmYgl_sw1IQnLOWmxP2f-Sa8xnrDGpnBDEIh_a-MCHvV

Dalan also apparently averaged 5 blocks per game.

"The current tally on Dalan's career points is 1,326, 31 away from passing former teammate Drea Brumfield for the top spot in school history."

Unsurprisingly Dalan was named 2A POY. Maisie Burnham was 2B POY in high school. Trista Hull played at the 1A level in Washington preps. Natalie Fraley played at 3A. Regardless, we have had some good fortune recruiting former prep players from Washington of late.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1444
Registration date : 2007-05-01

bullwinkle and RHS89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:41 am

https://www.osaa.org/today/article/3882/view?title=Girls+basketball%3A+6A+power+Willamette+adjusts+to+new+coach

Brynn Smith, Willamette HS, 6'0" guard, the No. 2 ranked player in Oregon preps has likewise committed to Portland. She averaged 18.7 ppg last year. She also had a number of offers but chose the Pilots.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8xOiq3vHTV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

A talented class coming together for 2025-26.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Rob's Jacket, DoubleDipper, RHS89, UP24 and RJH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:15 am

https://youtu.be/aOXrVyYVHdw?si=O923_e_6Mu1cE3Ig
Brynn Smith has a junior year highlight video.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterNoone Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:44 pm

I’ve seen both Brinn and Dalan play club at a few games I caught over the summer up to this point.

My 2 cents

Brinn skilled player who could be deadly from 3. In order to contribute right away will have to get up to speed quickly on offense and increase her defensive capabilities as she is definitely more offense than defense and Meek demands a high defensive motor for underclassman to find their way to meaningful minutes.
Depending on the position she was brought in for (played some 1 and 2), could certainly see freshman minutes.

Dalan i was really impressed when I saw her size physically. Looks like an elite type athlete with big broad shoulders…..she just looks the part of a kid that could be dominant. As far as actual game play. Going to be a project. Game I saw wasn’t very versed around the basket with regards to footwork, doesn’t handle the ball with confidence and shot was inconsistent. Rebounding for her physical presence was not at a high level. The team she was playing againsts posts were giving up 3” plus and they handled her pretty easily. Think it will be a big step up for her going from playing in small school division in Washington and a club team that doesn’t see many teams with multiple D1 players much less another D1 post with size.

I see what the coaches see, but wouldn’t be surprised to see her redshirt freshman year to give her the best opportunity for success on the bluff.

MisterNoone
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2023-01-21

wrv likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:46 pm

MisterNoone wrote:I Dalan i was really impressed when I saw her size physically. Looks like an elite type athlete with big broad shoulders…..she just looks the part of a kid that could be dominant. As far as actual game play. Going to be a project.
Based upon Noone's post, I thought we should see what Julia Dalan's game looks like...and found this highlight.

Some may remember one of the best WBB players during Coach Sorenson's time on The Bluff, the personable Julie Spencer....Julie came to UP unheralded out of the same high school as Dalan, W.F. West in Chehalis.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11427
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:01 pm

MisterNoone wrote:I’ve seen both Brinn and Dalan play club at a few games I caught over the summer up to this point.

Reviews of performance based on actual games watched are preferred generally, I think. The clip of Dalan while enjoyable is brief. But no matter, these young ladies will be here soon enough and we can all watch for ourselves, unless athletic scholarships and NCAA D1 no longer exist by then.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:41 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/highschoolsports/2024/07/clackamas-dylan-mogel-announces-college-commitment.html%3foutputType=amp

Dylan Mogel, younger sister to Rhyan, will soon compete  with Rhyan at the Chile's center but will be wearing a Seattle Redhawks jersey when she does. Dylan's twin Reyce also has D1 interest:3 D1 players from the same family,.Their parents are saving a small fortune on college tuition and fees and room and board, assuming the D1 system remains intact.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by RJH Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:06 pm

I have seen Brynn play a few times. She is an elite shooter! You never know how soon a young player will contribute, but her ability to stretch the floor will be an asset to the program.
RJH
RJH
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-08-14

DoubleDipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:43 pm

RJH wrote:I have seen Brynn play a few times.  She is an elite shooter!  You never know how soon a young player will contribute, but her ability to stretch the floor will be an asset to the program.
Welcome to PilotNation, RJH.   cheers

We look forward to your continued contributions to the forum...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11427
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down