Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week

+4
A_Fan
Geezaldinho
aleppiek
FANatic
8 posters

Go down

Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Empty Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:18 am

Sorry to trump you, geezer, but what the heck.

Danielle has been named Women's Soccer Player of the Week by Top Drawer Soccer.

I have a feeling she is going to be gathering a slew of awards for her 5 goals in two games over the week-end.

Hopefully the coming out party for one of the top new strikers in the country.

Top Drawer Team of the Week
Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Capture-the-flag-red
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Empty Re: Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week

Post by aleppiek Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:21 am

Fanatic,

You must be feeling better, I was just coming here to post this and you beat me to it... Nice work!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Empty Re: Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks, aleppiek. I got some rest - that does wonders.

Also, I'm trying to make my posts shorter. Sometimes I make such long and elaborate posts that it really burns me out.

Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Guitar-020
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 am

No big surprise here, but Danielle added a WCC POW award.

Portlandpilots.com

They added a nice statistic that Danielle is only the seventh Pilot freshman to register back to back multiple score games and added that Megan was the last player to do it.

Now, the question is... who were the others? I know Christine is one (no brainer there).

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11833
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 pm

As noted in the Chatbox yesterday she now has half as many goals as ARod did all of last year!
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm

The future looks very bright with this group! Here's to another solid group coming in next year... Who do we have locked up Geez?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:02 pm

aleppiek wrote:The future looks very bright with this group! Here's to another solid group coming in next year... Who do we have locked up Geez?

Here ya go--

We had Lindsay Lisonbee, but she changed her mind to go to BYU (sketchy career move) , so there may be room for another.

Brooke, Taylor D West Linn, OR FC Portland West Linn
Colohan, Cloee D West Point, UT Black Diamond FC Clearfield HS 2007 U-16 NT Player Pool
2007 February U-16 NT Camp
2007 April U-16 NT Camp
2007 July U-16 NT Camp
2007 adidas ESP Camp
2007 ODP Thanksgiving Interregional
2007 U-16 NT December Brazil Trip
2007 NSCAA Youth All-American
2008 U-17 NT Player Pool
2008 January U-17 NT Camp
2008 U-17 NT Future Stars Tournament - NZL
2008 March U-17 NT Camp
2008 April U-17 NT Camp
2008 June U-17 NT Camp
2008 July U-17 NT Camp
2008 Region IV ODP Invitational Camp (1991s)
2008 Region IV ODP
2008 Team USA - U-17 WC Qualifying
2008 August U-17 NT Camp
2008 September U-17 NT Camp
Johnson, Kendall M Portland, OR FC Portland Lincoln
Klier, Molly D , CA Casa Boca Juniors St. Francis
Priest, Elinor F Portland, OR FC Portland St. Mary's Academy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 pm

I am sure that the staff has a few names penciled into that last spot... in fact I wouldn't be surprised if any of them were here last weekend. Verloo is pretty much a lock to head south is she not?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Verloo verballed to Stanford
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Any other bigtime recruits from that class that we may see in that final spot... Or will we leave a scholarship open for the 2010 class instead?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 pm

aleppiek wrote:Any other bigtime recruits from that class that we may see in that final spot... Or will we leave a scholarship open for the 2010 class instead?

Depends on what you mean by "Big Time".

The big names are mostly gone unless somebody changes their mind. UP will have to settle for another minor player on the caliber of, oh, say, Keelin Winters. Very Happy

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Don't you just hate having to settle for those "minor players"?
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 pm

A_Fan wrote:

Don't you just hate having to settle for those "minor players"?
Yeah, A_Fan, it's kind of a bummer, isn't it? Foxhoven Top Drawer Player of the Week Others-009
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:42 pm

yeah.... well, I guess we could make another push for Marta... I hear she has 4 years of eligibility left... Razz
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 pm

Top Drawer will need to learn to spell Danielle's last name (just like I needed to). They spelled it three ways: Foxhoven in the body of the story, Foxhaven in the photo caption and Foxhovan in the headline. Top Drawer should have plenty of chances to get it right over the next four years.

Looking ahead: I heard from a high school friend of Elinor Priest that she intends to go to UP next year.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:53 pm

purple haze - the board previously had heard that Elinor, a senior at St. Mary's Academy, was going to UP.

However, I'm not sure we ever received "hard" confirmation in the form of a quote in a newspaper, magazine, etc.. Your post is actually further confirmation of her commitment to play for the Pilots in 2009. So, thank you for that.

Do you know much about Elinor as a player? I'm not sure the board has a firm grasp on what she brings to the table. If memory serves me right, (and it often doesn't), we know she is very athletic and a track star with great afterburners.

A 6A state champion in the 4x100 relay as the anchor leg last spring. We also know that she thrives under pressure. That's some pretty strong attributes, as the Pilots seem to continue to recruit size, quickness, speed, and, of course, very good students who just happen to be good people!

Any thoughts?

And please, anyone else who has seen her play, we would all love to hear about her!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 pm

I know from a source that absolutely would know that Elinor is intending to come to Portland. I also know from a source that would know that she is a great kid.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1878
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

With a little seasoning Foxhoven is going to be a TOP NOTCH FINISHER. What I have seen from her has really made me feel better about Enyeart's absence for the playoff run. You can't replace Michelle's speed, but maybe you can get some of that productivity back.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Danielle's meteoric rise reminds me of Michelle last year. Though they have different styles they both are extremely effective. If things keep going her way I can see her in the running for Freshman of the Year at least in the WCC any maybe nationally.

So the next question is who can we plug into Ellie's left defensive spot that is capable of going up and down the field with her speed and Energizer Bunny work ethic.

Do we have anyone who is potentially good in the air as Keelin for winning head balls and being a target for Kelsey's distribution. I think Kelsey's distribution is vastly improved this year by in large due to Keelin's uncanny knack of winning everything that comes near her.

Perhaps Halley Kreminski or Michelle Olivier for Keelin and Megan Sweeney or Korie Nicolson for Elli
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:29 pm

I'd like to see Halley play and also see where Garrett is playing her.

Anyone see her play much? She didn't play this past weekend, so she must be injured or have another reason for not playing.

Her rep is simply put: a TREMENDOUS athlete who led her team in goals all four years of high school. As a freshman and sophomore, she led her team to the Idaho 5A State Title. Runner-up as a senior.

Played varsity basketball three years. Set the all-time Idaho single-season steals record as a senior. (Anyone who's ever played b.ball knows how difficult it can be to get a steal.)

Finally, Halley was the Gatorade POY for Idaho last year in soccer. She was considered the best soccer player in the air, as well. She has great size: 5'9". And, on her club team, she played every position on the field.

Very interesting talent! Twisted Evil
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 pm

When in she has been Very tenacious. Garett seems to like her up top though.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Perhaps she can help replace Elli at outside mid. We should have enough quality outside backs to help fill that void also.

Garrett doesn't necessarily have to pick three players to replace the three U20's. We have the depth to use several players to fill these holes.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down