Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 games to go

4 posters

Go down

6 games to go Empty 6 games to go

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Here are the updated WCC standings, as of 2/6/09:

TeamWCCOverall
GU 8-017-4
SMC6-219-3
UP 6-215-8
USD4-412-11
SCU4-412-13
Pep2-55-18
USF1-79-14
LMU0-71-22

Obviously everyone else still has to play the Zags again... and I dont see anyone beating GU. We should be battling SMC for 2nd place, as we both have 2 games on USD and SCU...

Comparing our remaining 6 games to theirs:
UP: @USF, @SMC, Pepp, LMU, @USD, @SCU.
SMC: @SCU, GU, UP, USD, @Pepp, @LMU.

Keep an eye on the SMC @ SCU rivalry game Saturday night.

I am going to stop here, though. Other than resting up, in the next week of practice we should only have one focus: Beating USF @ War Memorial next Thursday. One game at a time.
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

6 games to go Empty balance of schedule

Post by upsailor Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Nut, you are so rite, tje Pilots have to focus on one game at a time, and as Rev said remember what got us where we are today . Tough defense and team play along with shooting. These kids seem to be pretty much down to earth and that will help I hope.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

6 games to go Empty Re: 6 games to go

Post by EngineerZag Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:52 pm

SMC has a tougher schedule than you do (barely). Obviously the big questions will be 1) Will GU win at SMC? and 2) Who will win between UP and SMC?

I think GU will beat SMC without Mills and UP has a great chance to win on the road as well due to Mills not being back. However, Bennett is a great coach and seems to be making the right adjustments to get SMC back on track so who knows. It could end up being a tie for second if GU beats SMC, SMC beats UP, and both teams win their other games.

EngineerZag
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:59 pm

EngineerZag wrote:It could end up being a tie for second if GU beats SMC, SMC beats UP, and both teams win their other games.

That is the reason I will be keeping track of the SMC @ SCU game tomorrow night... I believe those games are usually quite interesting...
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Watch out for Santa Clara... I said this in earlier posts. I think that they will play well down the stretch and will be VERY DANGEROUS come tournament time. UP, St Marys, Santa Clara, and USD are all battling for positioning down the stretch. We still have to play at St Marys, at USD and at Santa Clara - no easy tasks.

One game a time is right... We MUST win these three games - at USF on Thursday, and at home to LMU and Pepperdine, to hold on the 2nd (or even 3rd for that matter). Then, hopefully we can steal a game or two from those other three difficult road tests. The good thing is that the Pilots control their own destiny and don't need to rely on other teams losing.

GO PILOTS!!!

Last edited by goldhelmet on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Updated standings as of 2/8/09:

TeamWCCOverall
GU 8-017-5
UP 6-215-8
SMC6-319-4
USD5-413-11
SCU5-413-13
Pep3-56-18
USF1-89-15
LMU0-81-23

We now have sole possession of 2nd place, thanks to SCU over SMC last night.

With a UP win over USF Thursday, and a GU win over SMC, we would have a full 2 game lead over anyone else for 2nd place! Very Happy
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down