Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR PILOT'S ON SUNDAY!!!

+5
Rob's Jacket
onetouchfutbol
Stonehouse
DaTruRochin
MesaPilot1
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

WHO'S EXCITED FOR PILOT'S ON SUNDAY!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: WHO'S EXCITED FOR PILOT'S ON SUNDAY!!!

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm

goldhelmet wrote:
And speaking of injustice, how the hell does OSU get in this tournament let alone host a game? They were 13-17 and 7-11 in a down year in the PAC 10. How are we not hosting them?

In women's soccer, a winning record is required for postseason play unless you gain the conference champion slot. In Football, you have to be above .500 for any postseason play. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any such requirement for Basketball.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11833
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

WHO'S EXCITED FOR PILOT'S ON SUNDAY!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: WHO'S EXCITED FOR PILOT'S ON SUNDAY!!!

Post by mattywizz Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm

OK, so did anyone else watch CBS's tourney selection special. I could have sworn that Seth Davis said at the end that he wanted more "power conference" teams in the tournament. I am not sure if he mis-spoke and meant the opposite, but it seemed a very odd statement considering this is the least amount of "mid-majors" in the tournament in several years.

Also, they showed a breakdown of last six in and their projected first six out. Five of the last six in were from the Big Conferences and I think Four of the 'outs' were little guys. I don't think that is a coincidence. Of course when they interview the guy from the Selection Committee he will never admit it...but I am pretty sure the NCAA is starting to give more preference to the schools with the bigger fan bases...it seems kinda obvious to me.

While I don't necessarily agree with the selections every year, I don't really dwell on it, because really, when was the last time a true bubble team went anywhere IN THE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT?

I do agree with Goldhelmet, with a tournament there is a true undisputed champion. Of course, it is not always the team that had the 'best' season, but you can't argue with who won a tournament.

Last edited by mattywizz on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I got served by PPT)
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Sleep ...awoke from nap.... Mad ....who's the one saying were playing Pacific.....St. Mary's got a raw deal.. but you have to admit their strength of schedule was super duber WEAK. Their losing streak in the season didn't help,neither did the Pilot's in the middle or the two stinkers at the end.That finish pretty much did it to our bid for NIT, and the loss to Northern Colorado,EWU,,,,.

Back to my nap drunken Sleep...Driving to Wyoming on Wednesday....oh well I hope it's not to cold

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:
goldhelmet wrote:
And speaking of injustice, how the hell does OSU get in this tournament let alone host a game? They were 13-17 and 7-11 in a down year in the PAC 10. How are we not hosting them?

In women's soccer, a winning record is required for postseason play unless you gain the conference champion slot. In Football, you have to be above .500 for any postseason play. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any such requirement for Basketball.

Mayeb there should be.. That's a pretty bad resume to be playing in any post-season tournament.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 pm

mattywizz wrote:
Also, they showed a breakdown of last six in and their projected first six out. Five of the last six in were from the Big Conferences and I think Four of the 'outs' were little guys. I don't think that is a coincidence. Of course when they interview the guy from the Selection Committee he will never admit it...but I am pretty sure the NCAA is starting to give more preference to the schools with the bigger fan bases...it seems kinda obvious to me.
One sportswriter who went to one the mock selection sessions the NCAA holds for the media every year said there is no mention of conference affiliation at all until the teams are being sent to sites. But come on: You know who's in what major conference and who's in a smaller one. They must have an idea how many big-conference teams they are picking.

mattywizz wrote:While I don't necessarily agree with the selections every year, I don't really dwell on it, because really, when was the last time a true bubble team went anywhere?
Oregon State in 2007. They won their second straight College World Series. Wink
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:07 am

PPT, if you read my post again, I clearly was looking for only examples in BASKETBALL, nice try.

But, that was a great CWS, as always.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am

Just out of curiousity, has anyone found a good link to the NIT bracket? I know that SMC is playing WSU...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Yeah, it's right here http://www.nit.org/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/nit/sports/m-nit/auto_pdf/Bracket
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Possible Patty Mills vs. Stephen Curry matchup in the second round. How much you wanna bet that was set up on purpose?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm

I thought I told you to stop betting on this site Mattywizz Laughing

Mesapilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Sorry Mesa, I'm just prepping myself for next year's tourney.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:27 pm

mattywizz wrote:Possible Patty Mills vs. Stephen Curry matchup in the second round. How much you wanna bet that was set up on purpose?
No way. They were just following the principles and procedures to put together a balanced bracket. Or it's the NIT, so they can set up whatever they want. Laughing
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 pm

At least the NIT is honest about what they do... Not like the racket the NCAA has going...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4