Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

+6
onetouchfutbol
Rob's Jacket
IronLions
mensbballfan
PurplePrideTrumpet
MesaPilot1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr? - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 pm

VERY disappointing. That is not a good Pac-10 team, imo. The unforced turnovers, especially in the first half, were ridiculous. Too many times it seemed no one was moving to get the ball from the passer/inbounder. There has to be a better sideline inbound play at the end of the game! The refs were no help, but that still should have been a win. This road trip was a big step backwards. Mad

Back to top Go down

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr? - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

Post by Rob's Jacket Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 pm

athleticjames wrote:So close. Man, this team knows how to dangle the carrot of an upset... Sad

Pilots basketball. Sad

I'm tired of being at the brink. What I wouldn't give to get over the freaking hump!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:05 pm

On a positive note, Greg Anthony is incapable of pronouncing Gonzaga correctly!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Along with the usual bad Pac 10 officiating already mentioned, that was a big no call trying to get the ball in to Robin down low near the end of regulation. And how about Robin getting a steal while laying on his back??!! That was nice hustle.

Although they didn't get a lot of minutes, only 2 points the entire game from Portland bench. OUCH.

Would have liked to see more movement on the offensive end the first half, They were just standing around.

On the positive side, I think that was the quickest I've seen them move the ball upcourt ( once again I will remind you I haven't seen a lot of games!) when Stohl went through the key and hit TJ for a WIDE open shot. That's what I like to see.
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:41 am

What a game! Once again are hopes are crushed Evil or Very Mad . Great comeback from 14 down but with the quality of the opponent how aggravating. It's still a loss,booh hoo Crying or Very sad .

Thanks once again to Stohls shooting we got back into it. You guys who saw it on TV was Stohl driving more? Radio broadcast made it seem like he was taking Porter to the hole? Oh yeah sweet! That's nice so they can't crowd him on the outside so much in the future. I like the rotation now and offensively how we were smokin' when the turnover's stopped killing the Pilot's. With Nic,Robin,and TJ creating and it sounds like Stohl not having to be nailed to the 3pt line all the time they picked up another offensive weapon from mid-range.

Man what a dissapointment holding my breath when Ito shot that 3 pointer. I luv the guy's hustle but anybody else posibly Robin or Luke I would have felt more comfortable.Even Kramer that's how desperate I've become with my frustration. It's like playing 4 on 5 on offense.Oh well I luv the kid's tenacity,Defense and leadership,but.....even I'm losing patience with him on offense and contributing absoulatelysp) nothing on that end scoring wise for the minute's he play's. Just my frustrations, I'll get over it and I luv the positive things this team has done this year.

My question to you Stonehouse is when is Ethan coming back? Help from him may get this landslide stopped. Anybody out there know? This is getting ridiculous,what is it now 4,or 5 games now?

Howard better watch out tomorrow? I believe the Pilot's are ready to "Spank" some team. I imagine they are really upset and may take it out on them. I hope so,but you never know.Those New York upstate teams can always be sleepers and can play a pretty good game.

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:57 am

Howard just got spanked 90-54 by Oregon State. I'll be disappointed with anything less than a 25 point win.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:02 pm

And OSU lost a close one to them on the road to open the season. I think Howard is in DC.

The Pilots better get the win tomorrow. If they play tomorrow.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:32 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:The Pilots better get the win tomorrow. If they play tomorrow.

Figuratively and literally. Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:Howard just got spanked 90-54 by Oregon State. I'll be disappointed with anything less than a 25 point win.

With our recent losing streak, you might be setting your standards too high. At this point, a win is a win even if OSU is a lesser team in a weak year for the Pac-10. I mean, we barely beat Idaho which Gonzaga thumped by 30-something points. Right, now we just need to stop the bleeding and get a win. Neutral
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey Mesa can you do us pilot fans a favor and rip into the whole team about turnovers? After watching Stohl play HS ball, it was nice to see a flash of his potential. You must have lit a fire under his butt.
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Yeah when they got to 22 turnovers I lost count. Thank goodness their record turnover pace Mad slowed somewhat. They really started to play great and catch up once they cut back on them.

I just was shocked when Stohl started taking his man to the hole because Porter's as quick as they come. I'll be happy if he can keep those drive's up so his man can't overplay his 3 pointers Kinda hard on the 2nd pt. guard, but he does have a very difficult time shooting and I have alot of empathy for his loss of confidence in his shot even when he's wide open. But even the politically correct Stonehouse is starting to mention his poor shooting.

They all hustled well, could have just gave up when Oregon had that 14 pt lead and they were playing so awful.

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2